Local heritage Initiative Grant
Uniting Community and Countryside
The Local Heritage Initiative (LHI) is a national grant scheme that helps local groups to investigate, explain and care for their local landscape, landmarks, traditions and culture. The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) provides the grant but the scheme is a partnership, administered by the Countryside Agency with additional funding from Nationwide Building Society.
Grant to O.B.S.
The O.B.S applied to the LHI in April 2004 and a grant was awarded
The value is £13,503 (we may also apply to spend an additional 10% contingency fund, making £14853)
The period is October 2004 to March 2007
- Developing nature & heritage trails around the village
- Investigating the habitat of 'Little Meadow' and engaging the community in its development
- Undertaking surveys (hedgerows, trees, wildlife) within the Parish
- Developing community skills in planting and nature conservation
- Construction and installation of 3 interpretation panels (at locations to be decided)
- Publicity to promote the natural heritage of Overton
Go to Little Meadow or Nature Trails