- The society will be known as the Overton Biodiversity Society.
- Membership of the society is open to anyone who supports the aims of the society and who pays an annual subscription.
- The aims and objectives of the society are listed at Annex 1 and will be pursued through the widespread involvement of the local community.
- The Management Committee will comprise a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 persons.
- The Management Committee will be appointed at the Annual General meeting in March, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- If fewer than 5 persons are prepared to serve on the Committee, and the situation persists for more than a year, the society shall be disbanded.
- If more than 20 persons volunteer to serve on the Committee, elections would be held amongst members of the society.
- The Committee's office holders (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer) will be appointed at the AGM in March by election by the members of the society.
- The society may be disbanded by a formal vote of the membership of the society.
- In the event that the society is disbanded, any assets will be transferred to Overton parish council for biodiversity projects.
- The Management Committee shall meet at least quarterly.
- The constitution may be amended following a simple majority vote by the membership at an extraordinary AGM, preceded by two weeks notice to the membership, or at the AGM.
- All voting will be by a simple majority.
Please note that this site is no longer actively maintained, and remains on-line for reference purposes only.
Please be aware that links to others sites may no longer be correct anymore.
For recent activity and news please view our Facebook page,
and Google Drive for sighting diaries.